Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Another hike.

Oh man, I think that I am going to die of a heart attack the next hike we go on. At the very least I'm going to talk to God and see if I can arrange for him to give me one.

We did a hike up the neighbouring mountain yesterday in search of a pretty mountain meadow that we never found anyway. It was really hard for me on a bunch of different levels. I had problems breathing and my muscles burned too much and I got shin splints (ick). So I was trying as hard as I could and still needing stops like every five minutes (no exaggeration here). The crew were ridiculously supportive though and helped me learn how to pace myself and stopped when I needed to stop etc. By the time we broke for lunch, the little bluff that we ended up stopping on looked like the best damn meadow that I had ever laid eyes on.

I think Lifeteams hikes would be easier if the facility was located in the prairies somewhere.

The three day Juana de Fuaca trail hike is in May and I'm nowhere near ready, I just hope that I can be ready in that amount of time. I've been walking the hill to the house everyday for two weeks and it's helping a bit, but it's nowhere near as hard as the hike we did yesterday and yesterdays hike wasn't difficult. It was short and we didnt have any packs to carry. On the other hand I think that the amount of trepidation I feel about all this is counter productive. I will do everything I can to be able to go on this hike, and ask God to take away the fear and worry that are clouding the whole thing.

Sigh, it amazes me how this year is such a learning experience for the whole person. I've probably learned more about myself from the 'outdoor adventure' component of Lifeteams than I have from any other one part of the program.

In the meantime I get to trudge up the hill everyday and keep my eyes fixed on future meadows...

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

I'm so proud of you, though I dont envy you your mountains in these cases;)

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home