Saturday, October 01, 2005

I'm sick. You're tired. Let's dance.

I am sick... But less tired than I was yesterday. The whole sojourn to Oakville ended up being longer than I had anticipated. We made it to Andrew's and spent the evening touring Sheridan and eating great mediterranean food together. Except I missed my Go train that would get me to Union station in time to get to the Bay street Greyhound terminal by midnight for my bus back to Peterborough. So we shrugged and had a beer together.

I didnt sleep at all. I was on the road by six, and back in Peterborough at ten thirty. I caught a cab to my eleven o'clock sociology lecture. I even went to my political studies seminar and participated meaningfully. After that was done I went to a corner of the bata library foyer where I went to sleep sitting crosslegged with my face resting on my backpack. My mom swung by and picked me up a couple of hours later. This transit strike better not last. (Notes to non-peterborough readers; the Peterborough transit workers are on strike, meaning buses are currently non-existant).

Alright. I've got to write some brilliant notes on Doctor Faustus for my English tutorial on Monday. I'm trying to make it so that I'm not doing readings and laundry and such on Sundays. I figure that I do petty work stuff like that everyday. I'd rather work harder on Saturday and get Sunday for church and hanging out and rest.

Overall my rating for the concept of sabbath is five stars... God is a genius.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

picket with the strikers...do the labour organizers proud.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home