Wednesday, December 06, 2006

a grasp that is a letting go.

Today is the day which has loosely become known as my 'spirit birthday'. It's been five years since I decided to follow Jesus, five years of falling for him. I still love him a lot.

Today I want to make love to everything I see. His glory is manifest all around me. In my coffee, in my friends face. In my fingertips. I can hear the pulse of His heart beneath the pavement.

Our God is a consuming fire.
I am consumed. Swallowed up. Eaten.
Drowning in this fucking inexpressible grace and presence.

As I go, I understand Him less. I have fewer answers as He becomes more unfathomable. I have less and less to say in front of Him. I have less and less that I could say of Him if I were given a soapbox and a corner to preach from. I am dumbfounded that He is.

And god, He loves me. He loves me passionately.

Friends, May you know Him.
My Jesus, my Beloved. The Lion. The Lover. The consuming fire.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This, is beautiful.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Amen. Even to the use of "Fucking". :)

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home