Sunday, October 14, 2007

the laziest of sundays.

I feel like I had a sabbath today.
I slept through church. This is my first sunday off in two months.
I have work to do. But I don't want to spoil the do-nothing bliss I had today. I just read a book in Dahn's apartment all day. Finished it too.

Our apartments are cold now.

The sudden drop in temperature is easily felt in lofts with huge and ancient windows. I'm layered and wearing a toque and finger-gloves.

I should put in some hours on the 'zine for Trent Radio. I'll probably do it next door. Sometimes I just want to be in the presence of others. Doing my own thing, but in the warmth of people who like me. Regardless of the scarves and sweaters we're wrapped in against the cold. My fireplace works, but I've been reluctant to keep it on. It makes my apartment dry and sort of smoky from burning dust. The fireplace at Dahn and Jesse's doesn't work. It'll be a cold winter over there. Their apartment is twice the size of mine, with twice the windows. Even when the fireplace works, the apartment is cold in winter.

Oh winter. It's coming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

im glad you finally, at long last, have a sunday off. the third space misses you, you should drop in next week.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home