Monday, July 09, 2007

updates! updates!image by desiree fawn

I don't work until four today. So I'm bombing around my apartment, not cleaning it. I've actually been trying to exit the apartment for awhile, but on my way out the door I craved a cigarette. I contemplated buying a pack, thought that would be a bad idea. So I went back in and rolled myself one, which I am smoking as I type this.

The evening shift is wierd, my day has the feel of a day off, then I work. Sneaky things, these closing shifts. Although I do appreciate the option to sleep in a little.

School is in a slow crawl to the finish. I really want it to be done, these summer classes are killing me. They just give me the feeling that I've been in school forever. Moreover, the fact that I'm only in my second year gives me the feeling that I'm going to BE in school forever.
Most of my friends are done, or very nearly done. Not I, nope. Two more years of this at least.
(I spent four years of my life prostrate to the higher mind - I got my paper and I was free)

I really shouldn't speak so disparagingly about my education. I love it most days. But if I need to conjugate one more verb in Italian this summer I think I'm going to move to Helsinki.

The other day I played in Peterborough's first annual buskers festival. I only played for an hour to kill time before a shift at the Silverbean. But I happened to be setting up just as the judges were coming around my corner. I managed to get honourable mention. For this I got my name in the paper, a spot to busk at the Festival of Lights (a big festival that happens every Wednesday and Saturday in Peterborough, all summer long) and some other neat perks. Like the downtown business association knows who I am... and are into giving me free stuff. Like beer. Yesterday.

I've also got some gigs lined up for the summer. More on those when I have the details worked out.

In creative news... I think I need to get a little more serious about my songwriting. I'm getting bored of the songs in my set (it's a short set at that)... and some new material could go a long way. Who's up for a concept album?!

oh! pick me! pick me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Concept albums are joy and bliss and bliss and joy all wrapped into one when they don't suck.

*thinks about Truthless Heroes and Control*

*mmm*

Hope things are well with you.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

Here's what i was thinking while planting yesterday:

"When i come back, I will make meaghan play me every song she ever wrote."

How's that for a set? I miss your songs.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home