Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shrimps weekend.


For those of you who don't remember, I am part of a sketch and improv comedy group called the Shrimps. There are seven of us, we write a brand new show every week. We are pretty friggin funny. I've been with the group since the fall of 2006, here's a link to our site.

I spent much of the weekend with these gents performing, writing and partying. We've been doing really well lately and we've had a couple of cash-in-hand shows this month. We have one this Tuesday night at the Art Gallery by Del Crary park. We are performing in the Festival of Darkness!

I gotta say that I'm excited about this particular gig. The Festival of Darkness started last year in an explosion of local art, controversy and noise complaints. It is a small, artist driven festival that serves to be a tongue-in-cheek alternative to Peterborough's massive summer tourist draw, the twice weekly "Festival of Lights".

At any rate, I've been enjoying the Shrimps a lot lately. The guys are a solid bunch. I like working with them. I also like the degree of fame and notoriety I'm receiving for being a hooligan on a stage.

That, and the free beer us great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

http://winstonhendrix.blogspot.com/

hehehe.....

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home