Sunday, March 06, 2005

.barefoot in Abbotsford.

Womens shoes are pretty medieval torture instruments. So I opted to make yesterday my first barefoot day of the year and trapse around Abbotsford with shoes in hand. Me and Chris hung out and just walked around, checked out Value Village for good used books. We scored a bunch books for me for twenty bucks. Among them, a good paperback copy of Paradise Lost, some decent feminist titles, a couple of Canadian lit. gems and one really cool find by Chris, a coffeetable book called Docs. devoted to the history, politics and subculture surrounding Doc Marten boots.

Twas fun being barefoot by the town fountain... I walked in circles around the edge of it and ranted about how odd I plan to be when I am old. A bunch of people saw Chris and I and reported back to us later that they had indeed seen us toddling around Abbotsford with no proper jackets or shoes... you know you live in a small town when...

Beside that there is little of note to report, tomorrow is wildcard monday. I'm pretty sure we're going to go to a rally to raise awareness of the sexual exploitation of street involved youth in Abbotsford. It promises to be interesting times (as usual) in the Lifehouse.


1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

gee whiz, I wish I lived where you lived and did what you do sometimes.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home