Saturday, January 28, 2006

when books make babies.Five hours later, my room is finally clean. It hasn't been clean since well before Christmas. Note this grainy webcam photograph. My bed is made, the cat sits pristinely on it. My bookshelf is organized (and how!) and my desk, in the foreground is immaculate. I'd like to thank the academy...

Normally my room doesn't get this bad, but this time I think I've isolated the problem.

My books breed.

It's that simple. My laundry gets done every week and a half or so out of pure necessity. The dishes that pile up around my room get washed every couple of weeks. But the books? They just scatter themselves ever more haphazardly around any space I inhabit.

My roommate, Desiree has socks that multiply. I have witnessed this over a period of days in our bathroom. A small colony of socks now thrives on the floor there.

But me, I am responsible for the spread of all things pertaining to books and paper. I walk in the door and drop everything. I drag books around the house and leave them in odd places, where I theorize, they make babies... otherwise known as pamphlets.

However, I, Meag, have discovered the key that will save my room from its seemingly inevitable status as a future disaster area. I consider my bookshelf, now organized into sections, no longer conducive to the proliferation of literature around my room. Literary population control is the new Swiffer.

Am I naturally organized? Not a chance. And all this cleanin' an organizin' has got me tired out thank-you-very-much.
So goodnight, all you Home-Ec gods and goddesses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

in my room, the thing that multiplies is take-out food containers. Can't help it, the mealplan makes it happen. The computer desk is a matrix...and des is right, making the bed is the quick-fix of the gods.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home