Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cold coffee.I'm sitting at my desk drinking cold coffee. I learned to like my brew that way back in middleschool, when I realized that I often get distracted mid-cup and leave it to get cold.
The distracted habit remains, as does my affinity for the result. Warm is better, but cold is fine by me.

Well, I had an eye appointment today and I have been informed that I may soon be a member of the Twenty-Something Bifocal Squad. Nothing says cool like a swank pair of bifocals.

I spent the rest of the day speedwalking around, mostly between Trent Radio and downtown, to record my show for Saturday night. The show this week is called 'Modern and Normal' and I'm reading from Karen Solie's collection by the same name. Spliced in are some sweet tunes by Of Montreal. It's worth listening to, so check it out Saturday at six at 92.7 fm.
I will be in Toronto for the better part of the weekend. On Saturday I'm going to go see Broken Social Scene with my roommate, and then on Sunday I'm meeting up with Faye, Amanda, Andrew and the ever-awesome Iona from Lifeteams. A wee little Ontario reunion. It's funny, this is the first time I've thought about it long enough to be excited.

Even after an espresso at Dahn's, I'm still extremely tired. I have a job interview tomorrow. And a meeting, and a class, and two hours of training at the radio station, and then a five hour volunteer shift. I love it.

Goodnight friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home