Saturday, January 21, 2006

don't bother waking me.

I'm the kind of tired you feel in every limb. I feel hazy and fuzzy on the edges of my thinking. My eyes keep involuntarily shutting. Given a rock to lay my head on, I would sleep for a week.

All that being said, that's not the best way to show up for a shift at The Bridge.

I will never go the the drop in centre tired like this again. I showed up tonight and had nothing to give, so I pretty much stared down the clock for six hours. It cheated the kids who go expecting me to be energetic as usual. That was my mistake this evening. I showed up too tired to work.

I got home at midnight and just finished cleaning the kitchen with Des. The kitchen is clean... hell is an ice rink, and I'm more tired than I was four hours ago. It's been a great day, and the big smoke beckons me tomorrow. Toronto, and the world of public transit await me tomorrow.

Again, adieu dear readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home