Monday, August 28, 2006

oh monday. monday morning.



Hey friends. It's nine-thirty and I'm just bombing around the office. Mostly I'm waiting for Kerri. I dont actually have to be here, so if I feel ambitious I'll go for a walk. If I dont, I'll go back to bed.
A coffee may sway me in the more productive direction.

Yesterday I preached at the Peterborough Free Methodist church. They're a good bunch, and it was good to go back and hang out with them. My sermon was called "the gift and the exchange" and I talked about spiritual and physical poverty, as well as equality. I really like preaching, it's a lot of fun. There was a pretty great response, some people were crying, but I was too, so that was okay. I feel really passionate about what I speak on. Kleenex is a prerequisite.

After hanging out with the church, I went to the one and only Peterborough Folk Festival (it comes but once a year) It's my first FolkFest. I went a little crazy and bought a brown tie-die sundress. Srsly.

Then Dahn, Little Dan, Shannon and I went on an adventure! We explored the river. I went for a bit of a swim. My docks were (are) waterlogged. We found a picnic table standing in the middle of the water, so we sat on it and had a cigarette. Because what else are you going to do on a table in the middle of a river?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mmm said...

Maybe you could post your sermon notes or soemthing?! Should be good.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home