Sunday, September 17, 2006

everyone loves a parade!


Hey guys. Yesterday was happy happy Pride Day in the sweet city of Peterborough. I woke up at my parents house (I haven't slept over at the parents since christmas!) and immediately got industrious and started making a stencil to spraypaint on a t-shirt.

I carefully cut letters into an old copy of Peterborough This Week. Then, armed with my brothers black teeshirt, a pizza box and two cans of spraypaint, my dad sent me as far into the backyard as possible to start stencilling.


The stencil read "Jesus <3's queers". I originally intended on just leaving it on the t-shirt. Then I was playing with make-up and I put on red lipstick... that wouldn't come off. So in the spirit of flaming red, I made the stencil into a patch on a flaming red tanktop.
The shirt is my new favourite.

The parade was great, I walked with my friends. Then the pride dance at night was a fantastic time, dj Misha kept the floor moving, as it were. And I pretty much danced my legs off. Dahn was clearly the dancing queen of the evening, Des getting an honourable mention for being a dancing roommate.

It was a good time. After all, everyone loves a parade.

1 Comments:

Blogger busy hands said...

quite fabulous!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home