Monday, September 25, 2006

throat singing. neck breaking.


I'm not as good at knowing what to say on blogs as I used to be. Last night I saw Tanya Tagaq, along with Kinnie Starr and Skeena Reece. It was a fantastic show. Throat singing, hip hop, beats, poetry and stand-up to make your ears bleed. I danced. Check out their stuff.

This morning, I rolled out of bed just in time to do a wee show of my own. I played a quick set at the Seasoned Spoon cafe, to celebrate their opening this season. I got free soup out of the deal, and everyone liked the Vegan song, so it was time well spent. I even added a verse about Aramark, the food services group that controls on campus with an iron fist. An iron fist I tell you!

So now I sit here, on Mirabelli's loveseat. Listening to noise. And blogging about it.
Zzsuzsa in fifty seven minutes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart you Meag.
Missed your blog over the summer...it's good to be back.
-me

9:23 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

OMGoodness. Meaghan, I am green, psitively GREEN with envy over you seeing tagaq. She has pretty much the sexiest girl voice ever. i could never find any info on her...and you freaking see her! and shes not playing in Ontario again this year! AAAAAGGGH!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home