Tuesday, October 02, 2007

No sleep. Go for days without sleep.

(this picture intrigues me)

Gah. The busy life is getting me down, kids. The Silverbean closes for the season this Sunday, and I have to say that I'm not sad about it. I've put in a lot of time there this summer, and I'll be happy for a change of scene.

Speaking of changes of scene: new jobs!
Job the first: I am the Assistant to the program coordinator at Trent Radio. In laymans terms, I am Laurel Paluck's lackey. I'll put in about ten hours a week at the sweet radio station. I have to produce a zine by next week. God help me, I'm horrid with deadlines.

Job the second: I'm being hired as a barista at Natas Cafe. This is a scary idea. "Barista" at Natas is a whole different job description. I would have a higher rate of pay than the counter girls (and boys) with my main responsibility being making drinks. I would also be responsible for training one or two elite counter-kids on the machine, bit by bit. The shiny Electra espresso machine would be my baby, and the only people allowed to touch it would be me and Steve, the owner.
I'm freaked out. I told the truth to my bosses about my availability, skills and experience. but they think I'm awesome. I'm terrified of disappointing them by not being as awesome as they think I am. My friends think I'm ridiculous, after all this is a great job. The kind of job I've been gunning for since I left British Columbia. I'm just scared that I wont have the skills I need.

I'm not scared of failure until it's something that matters to me. Then I'm terrified of failure.

All the same, scared or not I start tomorrow night.

Goodnight friends, all made of glass. I need to sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

yay! you're a barista! Don't be afraid.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

I like being made all of glass. It's transparent and stuff. :P

8:53 PM  
Blogger Accultus said...

I think it's good to work there, they pour nice coffee. Steve poured me a Rosetta one day and it was good!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home