Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ontario in the fall.

This morning I opened my window. My window's screen has been cut off. It looks like it was exacto-knifed and just left there. My landlord hasn't fixed it so when it's open, the cat needs to be detained elsewhere otherwise she uses it as a convenient escape route.

This morning I was reading, and a red leaf blew in my window. I was inexplicably moved. It was like a present. Then it started to rain, I left my window open and moved my books off the windowsill. It was really cool to listen to. When I walk out my door I smell leaves. I kind of have to wade through them actually, to get to the street. I love Ontario in the fall, I wish the season was longer.

Tonight at seven thirty I think I'll bust out the red bicycle and go to Saint Peters in Chains for mass. Stained glass windows and twilight hours were meant for each other.




2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

man, i miss peterborough...I desperately wish i was there. The coming week makes me pine for all things home, and not essays, assignments, forced paintings.

5:58 PM  
Blogger waayyy said...

Hi M
It's Sarah - the lifeteamer, i like reading ur blog it's easy&relaxing to read!
So ur kept up to date - Adrian got his study permit visa the 1st day he went to the embassy in Mexico City, which was absolutely by God's power & lovingkindness! And I'm delighted to share he's now safely back with us, we missed him a lot!
Glad ur enjoying Ontario, I expect it's beautiful!
xxx

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home