Tuesday, February 07, 2006

a wishlist. and the ever-present laundry bag.

Tomorrow brings with it laundry. Early. The pilgrimage to the laundromat is a once every week and half thing that I participate in. And every laundry day is like Christmas. - ahem -

'Hey!! Hey wow! socks!'

Tomorrow morning will bring with it the gift of clean socks.



Des and I are (well, at the moment mostly Des is) hunting for a new place for us to live come May. Since I so rarely post lists I'll leave you with one, that being the things I'd love to have in my next place. Wishlist includes:

- a common room. - my place is great, but the lack of a common room not devoted to either cooking, sleeping or pooping can get a little taxing.

- a yard - I really want a big garden this year. Hopefully with a few vegetables, lots of herbs and a ton of flowers. I would love to have a yard to have backyard parties in with my friends in the summer.

- a big kitchen - this one is exceedingly important to me. I like to bake and cook and I like to be able to hang out in a kitchen. A little one simply will not do. Our current place has a good sized one, with room for a couch and a table. I'd like one about the same size in our new place.

- big windows - I love sunlight. So I like windows.

- wood floors - okay okay, it's not like I NEED wood floors. I just like them a lot. I always sort of thought that the peterborough experience would include living in an old place with hardwood floors at some point.

- good roommates - these'll make or break you. I could have a thousand square foot kitchen with floor to ceiling windows overlooking a three acre garden, and still be miserable with a rough set of roommates. I love roommates.


That's it guys. That's what I want in a place. And if I can get it in downtown peterborough, for student rent rates, I'll be a happy girl.
Goodnight friends. Apartment hunting requires a well-rested Meag.

2 Comments:

Blogger CreativeBarbie said...

I just got my FIRST place on my own. It has a living room/kitchen... nope its not one of thoes open conecpt ideas just REALLY small.
But i'm totaly in love with the fact that its mine.
I hope you find you ideal place :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

I could be a good room mate.

I'll sleep in your closet.

I won't even pee on the floor.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home