Monday, March 06, 2006

je joue la guitare.

My headphones have been overtaken by Jean Leloup. Shannon got me a late birthday present of a collection of Leloup's recordings (some rare ones!) and music videos. I am immersed in a world of franco-rock ecstasy.

I left for the radio station on Saturday afternoon and didn't get home till eleven o'clock on sunday night. I ended up staying at Rick's house and then going to the Thirdspace the next morning. After that point I hung out with my sister and Rick, then went to my dad's fiddle concert at the Market Hall. It was a lot of fun, in a fiddle concert kind of way.
Then it was to my parents house for vegan eats, and then to James Kirklands house for a dessert party with a bunch of Thirdspace people. It was pretty darn fantastic. I ate oreos, fruit, nature-gummies, fair trade coffee and soy-smoothies! I love being an included vegan.

The bunch of us sat in the attic and grabbed a guitar and had a three-hour nineties singalong. I mean really, who can resist singing along to songs from the nineties?

Then we walked home along the path as a convoy and recited our favourite parts of The Holy Grail... and whenever somebody reached their doorstep we had do make an elaborate goodbye, such as:

- Fairwell sweet Syd! Member of our convoy! Comrade and Friend! Safety to you on this Night!
-Fairwell sweet Jordan, you will not have been mortally wounded in vain!

This is what happens when too much dessert is eaten.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

sounds like a good time, meags. I'm emo-ing out at the moment *tear, tear, //*...now, for OSAP. Bloody government.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leloup!
i liked him.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me.
-rick

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeahhh I had a really great time!! :) We should hang out sometime - I think you're super!!
Heather xox

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home