Thursday, March 01, 2007

the neglected blog. my sexy radio voice.




Why is it that killing a blog feels a bit like some sort of internet homicide? I dont really feel like killing the blog, but I guess I've been letting it hibernate for a while. It's not that there's nothing happening in my life. Quite the opposite. There's a fair amount going on, most of which I don't feel like sharing with the internet at the end of the day.

I just got back from the radio. I closed up the place. Illiadis-the-operator mostly lets me and the Thursday night noise-boy, Grenon do our shows and close up solo. We are the late night kids. I am late night community radio.

I did a quick speech for the levy commitee tonight at Traill college. Trent Radio needs a raise, as our levy hasn't been changed since 1989. I was the last person to present, after candidates and other referendum presentations. I went up and introduced myself, gave the little talk and took questions. Then we ate cookies and people came up to talk to me. One guy (running to be on the board of Governors) says to me "So... as soon as you opened your mouth I was like Oh my God listen to her radio voice! So smooth!-"
" - so sultry!" interrupted a stunning redhead, amid nods from others around.

Dear god, I can sound sultry while saying "adjusted annually to the consumer price index"? SULTRY?

I think that calls for a martini!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

I love it. Yes indeed, I do...remember how you'd listen to the radio and think that the people attached to those great voices could only be hot? Like, real hot?
Sexy voices unite!
Just yours, really. I'm croaking at the moment.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

I never thought about it before, but you really do have a killer radio voice.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home