Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Back from Saltspring

Cool, so the fabulous Lacombe crew left last Friday, us Lifeteamers went for breakfast after they left, then I went home and fell into bed with my boots on. I slept for twenty hours.

After I woke up, all of us except Josh (he had a camp to go to) piled into Jo's jeep and Jimmy's car and headed for beautiful Saltspring Island.
I just got back maybe twenty minutes ago. It was a great little break. I spent most of it chilling and job hunting. I'm planning to live on Saltspring for the summer, so finding a job will be pretty key. I found one though, I put my resume in to the OysterCatcher restaurant and the manager hired me on the spot. I like it when that happens. I've been told that finding a summer job on Saltspring is easy, because the population of the island triples in the island with rich cottagers. So, getting a cafe job shouldn't be too hard. I'm also planning on setting up shop at the Saturday Market with beadwork and jewelry... supplement my income that way. Rich tourists love neat stuff.

Anyway, I must head to placement. Hanging out with the girls and the goths tonight should be rad, I havent seen them in a couple of weeks. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home