Friday, April 22, 2005

I've got ten free...

I've got ten free minutes to play on the computer while I wait for things to start happening again at placement. I shall utilize these minutes to post, for all your reading pleasure.

Just finished my final placement evaluation... man it feels wierd typing that. No more evaluations, and in two weeks time, no more kids either. What a sad thing that is... placement has been a good time. This Wednesday coming up I get to do the talk... on Jesus getting anointed at Bethany of all things. I'm devoid of any breathtakingly good ideas. I've gotta pray over this one.

So Jesus goes to a party at a sick social outcasts house with his disciples. This woman comes up to him and breaks an expensive jar filled with incredibly precious perfume and pours it on Jesus's head. The perfume was worth a years wages... today it would be thousands and thousands of dollars. The disciples get pissed and are incredibly harsh with the woman for wasting that much money, but Jesus shuts them up and says that what the woman has done is a beautiful gift, which she'll be remembered for.

Hardly content for the easiest youth talk, but hey God'll give me the words to say. Maybe my fabulous goth kids can come out too.

If you've got an insight or idea for me, post it... I could use a hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home