Thursday, May 12, 2005

the Juan de Fuca and other trails.

the hike was, in short, amazing. I got mud caked on me, I saw yet another bear, I prayed for faux 'kids', walked over 20km of west coast trail, drank from streams, ate mussels from a beach, climbed a rock wall with the tide coming in and had an all around great time.

I am sore.

I am quite euphoric about it all really. I can't believe that I had such a good time, even the HIKING wasn't bad. I kept getting runners highs and feeling like I could hike forever. Plus trail mix is good.... reeeal good.

I am suddenly stupidly happy for all the hillwalks. I'm going to keep doing it too, I got out of the van at the bottom of the hill when we got home today. (try walking the flippin hill after already walking seven km in the day... it was more of a crawl)

I love the Lifeteamers. I love that they were all so friggin supportive and encouraging. I love that they carried my share of the equipment without complaining, I love that they celebrated my victories as joyously (or more joyously even) than I did. I love how they told me where I could step and gave me gatorade when I looked tired. I love how they took my hand to help me up the hard parts. There's something about all this that smacks of life the way God intended it to be. Thanks to the Lifeteamers, as well as Rob, Ange, Brian and Andy... it was a blast.

I WILL try to post a pic or two. really I will. later folks. much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home