Tuesday, May 03, 2005

my head fell off and rolled away... now I can't see to find it.

I had a great day in class... Andy Harrington spoke in the morning about life after Lifeteams... it was wonderful and inspiring. Then in the afternoon we had a great class about how to supervise volunteers. Today I made bread that turned out wonderfully and gave Josh his birthday present, a cigar that he really seemed to like.

So why do I feel like my kitten just got run over by a mac truck?

Lately I've noticed that I'm fleeing responsibility as fast as I can. I'm procrastinating, skipping important phonecalls, worrying and not getting anything of importance done.
I think I'm having a Neverland moment, where I want to go to university without the responsibility of having to call OSAP, I want scholarships without having to write essays, I want Lifeteams without assignments and community without effort. I'm doing that teenager act where I want the benefits without the responsibility... I swear sometimes I trick myself into thinking that I'm pretty independent... pretty responsible for a nineteen year old scrap.


I don't think I'm very grown up at all really. Grown ups don't shit their pants over having to get the dirty work done. They don't whine in a blog about it either.

later guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger shine.is.dead said...

yes they do.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

chillax. I think this whole "AAAGGGHH i need to INDEPENDANT and ADULT" panic strikes us all. You're allowed to be nineteen. At least you're not living at home inheriting the family business after 2.5 years of high school or something. OSAP will work itself out.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home