Wednesday, October 19, 2005


A little direction...

Well, I had my interview at Kawartha Youth for Christ today to see if I can volunteer. It's looking like I surely can and maybe even a little more than that. I'm pretty happy.

I think I just really like it when God confirms stuff, you know? One of the best parts of Lifeteams really was that I knew that God wanted me there. It made everything remarkably easier to deal with. I figure that if God puts me somewhere, then he'll work with it. This week I'm finally starting to get the sense that I am right where God wants me. It feels really, really good.

All over the city, on the highwires around my house are shoes that people have thrown. I always stare at those shoes. They're supposed to mark where drugs are sold (or in some cases in urban centres, where gang murders take place)... but I think that most of the Peterborough shoes have more simple stories.

My favourites hang by the big old churches downtown. There's something about the contrast of a silhouetted pair of sneakers on a highwire against the glow of a stained glass window that gets me thinking about God. The way he meets us where we are, again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home