Sunday, October 23, 2005



soup's on!

tonight at my house we had an ole fashioned soup party. It was pretty darn cool if I do say so myself. In the pots were a lovely african peanut soup with tomato and cilantro (vegan) and a squash curry soup made lovingly by thom. I made a couple of loaves of bread and mum brought over an apple crisp. We fried us up some sweet potatoes and had ourselves a feast. Thom, Desiree and Rick were in the mix, as well as my parents and my brother and my friend Jen.

It was great, we moved the couch from Des' room into the kitchen (a permanent move from the looks of things) and just had a blast. It made me laugh because not eveyone knew each other but we all chowed down and laughed it up. It didn't hurt that the soups were amazing either.
The proposition at the end of the evening was that we continue this idea and cook together a couple of times a week maybe. I think it's the best idea we've had in awhile... We can all cook pretty well, but we're way more creative together. Good food and good times? Sign me up...

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

maybe even a recipe swap? currently the great winters potluck is scheduled for the second week of november.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home