Tuesday, December 13, 2005

An all-nighter.

My laundry is done, because I pulled an all nighter and then realized that since the laundromats open at seven, I should bust into the cold air and do my laundrywhile I was still awake and had some quarters.

It was an odd all nighter. I read a bunch of Nietzsche and prayed a lot. I had no reason to stay awake, except that I couldn't sleep. You know when your mind just gets going?

I couldn't stop, so I just read until my eyes couldn't focus anymore, and then I wrote. I wrote prayers and letters and poems and scrapped most of them before I could see the shreds of orange in the sky outside my window. Then I grabbed a fist full of change and went to the laundromat. I dozed off to dryer sounds, perched crosslegged on a washing machine, and didn't dream.

... Thank you God for philosophers, laundry and coffee. Thank you for this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger waayyy said...

Every time I enjoy reading ur blog, must be the way you write!

Yep we had snow, and we parked at the bottom, but alas no more snow, but we had some mist the other day (the Christmas party day)that could have decieved itself as snow...

I read more than today's, I didn't know ur 19 (i've not an observant person, so even if it says that here on the blog, i never took it in!) I had totally assumed ur older, older than me, dono if u've heard that b4, but I guess it must be ur maturity, or confidence, or something like that!

Anyhow...

Chow belle!

Sarah

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home