Friday, January 13, 2006

everything's perfect from far away.

I just got in from my shift at the Bridge. My house is quiet and my roommate isn't home. It's about one in the morning. And I think I would like nothing better than to pull on my headphones and listen to music until I fall asleep with my head on my keyboard.

So today, my love fell on my hometown. I don't know why. It started last night when I was sitting in the window of a coffee shop on George street and watching people go by for a couple of hours while the sky faded into shades of darker blue. I cupped my mug in my hands and whispered prayers for panhandlers and bus drivers and bankers.

My city is quite beautiful in the evening. As it got darker the traffic lights lit the puddles and mixed colours with the neon lights from the shop windows.
One of the first times I fell in love with Vancouver was at night. It was driving across the Lions Gate bridge, on my way into the city. The bridge is lit at night. I think that at the time I was singing a song to myself and I fell silent because the sight of the bridge and the mountains and the city lights was so unbelievable.

This a factory in my city. I was silenced by it this evening.


I think I've reconciled myself to stay. Maybe not forever, but for awhile anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

Nice, Meags. So long as you're at peace. I for one, will paint.

12:37 AM  
Blogger waayyy said...

Hey! I love reading your blogs of life, they make me smile and cheer me up, I should read more often!

Baking is way better than cooking I totally agree!!

I was chatting with Brian about you the other day over washing and drying dishes! I don't remember what we were talking about but I remember it made me smile, and want to read ur blog and write some!

Glad to you've got to see so much beauty!!!!! That bridge into Van is definitely something that I look from every time we cross!!!

Have a joyous Saturday!!

Sarah x

4:37 AM  
Blogger Accultus said...

And if you are at peace; I will do pushups to hard rock music.

8:01 AM  
Blogger .letting go said...

hey duncan. I'm actually not located in vancouver. I lived there for a year and a half, and moved back to my hometown of Peterborough, Ontario last September.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home