Thursday, January 05, 2006

Betty Crocker got Nothin' on this Vegan. (foo!)

So here's a secret. I like baking about a billion times more than I like cooking.

It's not even that I don't like cooking. Heck, I like cooking a lot. It's just that I find baking astronomically more fulfilling than cooking. In a race between fresh bread vs. great soup... I pick fresh bread.

Today I am making food. It is food making day. It's funny too because I need to have started... oh about twenty minutes ago (oops) because I'm baking. Why would I spend three hours on sidekicks and twenty minutes on the actual main dish? Because baking is more frigging fun. It's cozier. It's got a lot of heart and soul put into it. It is my culinary 'I love you'.

Plus I'm better at it than cooking. 'Nuff said.

Brownies anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

Im so proud! best averteed panic attack ever.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

oh my! teach me how to cook please!
I never learned and it's bad....
I can basically live off of Kraft Dinner the rest of my life , and although I wouldn't be opposed to that, it would kinda suck!

On the other hand I'd love some brownies... are they a 'special' kind? ;)

2:58 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

Oh Meaghan.

I'd almost marry you JUST for your cooking and baking.

Especially your VEGAN cooking and baking.

(Though I'd sneak in a steak through the back door....)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Accultus said...

Well said Dan, Well siad! I need to come for lunch sometime. But, not steak . . .

-Andre

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home