Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I've been avoiding posting to be quite honest.

I'm in deep, deep shit at work. And I hate that. I barely know how it happened in the first place. A coworker and I got lost in a crowd of 600,000 people and are now being disciplined for it. It makes very little sense to me. We did the best we could to find my supervisor, borrowing peoples cellphones, talking to police, and finally just fighting our way back to the car... none of that matters I guess, because we are being officially disciplined Thursday.

I feel bitter. I made things worse by responding to my supervisors anger with razor sharp comments twice. I felt instantly sorry. I apologized for it. That won't matter much either.

To add insult to injury the strike date is Friday.

My mother is laying bets that I'll get sent home. I'd take that bet myself actually. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut, when to hold them and when to fold them so to speak . It's just that it's so frigging contrary to my nature. Sometimes it's a good thing. Sometimes I land myself in a pile of crap.


"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn. My God do you learn." -- C.S. Lewis

1 Comments:

Blogger shine.is.dead said...

brutal.

I've been learning a lot lately too. Blue Like Jazz is possibly the greatest book since the Bible.

At least if you get sent home we can hang out. (I know that's not much help...)

I'm trying to love you more than I have before. I'm trying to love Trying is stupid. I need to just do it. Just love people.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home