Monday, October 04, 2004

if Jesus played poker...

I am just learning how to play this wonderful game, where fortunes have been won and lost. I am not gambling with my fortune, partially because I don't have one, and partially because we here at Lifeteams prefer to gamble with jellybeans, using puzzle pieces from a foam Japan puzzle as pokerchips. Yes, gambling among poor, christian students is an interesting phenomenon.

I am under the poker tutelage of Chris from Poland, he has been able to teach me most everything, except bluffing. I'm generally quite hopeless at bluffing. I can't lie to save my life. Bluffing is essentially lying and keeping a straight face about it. Tonight I really tried it for the first time... I lost all my japan-puzzle chips making huge bets on a low... well, practice makes perfect I guess... in the mean time I could sure use some jellybeans.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home