Tuesday, December 27, 2005

vegan cheese and wool-free knitting

I'll tell the truth, vegan cheese doesn't come close to tasting like actual cheese. Knitting without wool is a much more fruitful venture really. Next I want to knit... a hat! A vegan hat that will be loved by friends and sheep alike. I'm not giving up on vegan cheese though. My dear roommate, Rick and I went shopping for food today and I located some truly vegan fake cheese (most kinds have a milk product called casein in them). The test will take place on a toasted tomato sandwich. I really hope it tastes
better than actual cheese. Oh well, at least it wont taste like suffering... (oooooh! snap!
Shrug. I'm going out to dinner tonight with Des, Rick, Topher and maybe Dahn. Hurrah for links. And also hurrah for the veggie burgers that will most likely be consumed tonight at kelseys... rumour has it that they can be made vegan and that will taste good.

I think if I wrenched it out kicking and screaming... I'd have a deeply meaningful post to make today. But at the moment I don't have the heart to. So enjoy my natalie dee supplied sheep, and my ramblings about uncheese adventures. Much love all of you.



1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hey. I found you through vegan knitters! Any time someone talks about cheese, I have to give Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheese (mozzarella style) its due props. It's the best one I've found. As far as it tasting better than real cheese, well I don't know, but it's really convincing shredded up and mixed with noodles. It's also nice melted on a sandwich!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home