Friday, December 23, 2005

I am listening to hear where you are.

There is something to be said for honesty.

Last night my friend Chris and I walked into a a bright building from the dark outside, the effect was painful, my friend and I both winced and shielded our eyes from the too-bright lights until we could re-adjust.

Real honesty is like that.

I'm a piss poor liar, really. So I don't try to lie much. I might lie more if I was good at it, but something in my face gives me away, so lies dont really get me anywhere.

But honesty is about far more than avoiding lies, isnt it? There is a greater honesty, which requires vulnerability, where a person actively seeks to be truthful. To reveal themselves and their thoughts. When I am dishonest, it is in that greater part of honesty that I fail. I often do not venture out to be truthful, it's easier to stay silent.


...


May we all seek to be painfully honest.

1 Comments:

Blogger jmw said...

Thats scary Meg's and thats awesome. Honesty. When we lie, something comes to bite us in the butt sooner or later. Everything that is going on within us... to our God completely transparent.
I love you Meg's. It was good to talk to you. It always is.
Hope your Christmas is merry,
hope your new years is rocking Esdinaqud!
Miss you, jojo

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home