Sunday, December 18, 2005

I am popular with chickens... mostly because I don't eat them. Nor do I pillage their eggs.Yeah, in my vegan journey I think I just definitively cut out honey. This is an odd step, as it also means that I need to be conscious about stuff like beeswax... so long 'burts bees' products.

I really am liking this whole vegan way of life actually. It's been about a month. If I can do something for a month, I can do it, period. This fills me with joy... and vegetable based energy.

I find myself awash in a sea of ethics from time to time. I mean, there are so many philosophies and ways of life and activism kicking around that I don't know where to start. How can I be a responsible citizen in this world? One step further, how can I change it?

Christ is the foundation of all my ethical choices. I think He's at the root of my desire for change. It seems to me all of my most raw passion stems from Christ, and then I'm sick to my stomach to sit complacent with that passion in my chest. What I end up with sometimes though is a lot of passion with little practical outlet... so, what do I do? At the moment, I pray, volunteer, vote and avoid animal products. The writhing passion that burns in my stomach isn't really satisfied with just that.

Which leaves me pretty nervous to be honest. The stuff I do now is pretty respectable, and I guess it might even look like enough... but if it's not enough to satiate this hunger for something greater, then I guess there's more I could be doing. But the thing is, if I do more... sooner or later it's going to start to cost me more than a couple of hours and the sacrifice of some eggs. If I start to give of myself until it costs me something... then what? What does that even look like?



ramblings yeah, but I'm trying.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

tofurkey in my opinion

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home