Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I believed in squid.

I just wrote my last exam, and ran out of time on the last half. To be honest I don't care. I loved the first question, so I spent too long on it.

I'm sick of only writing when I've got a deadline or an audience, so tonight I guess I'll write. Maybe I'll do my favourite thing and 'write polaroids' or vignettes of things I see on the street. I'm fixated on putting moments into words. Nobody said I've 'got it' yet... I'm still working on getting it right. But even today I saw two or three things that I thought... God, that's beautiful, (or terrible, or frightening, or sad, or wonderful) ... and I really wished that I could just take the moment and capture it like you catch crickets in the summer.

I found out today that they have images of a live giant squid now. No one had ever photographed or even seen a live giant squid until now, the only evidence that they existed was in their bodies which would wash up on shore. I'm saddened.
There was something great about the fact that giant things like forty-foot-long sea creatures could exist and never have been seen by humans.


I'm going to go clear my head in the shower. After that I dont know what.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home