Sunday, January 01, 2006

A meal of garnishes at a victorian wedding.

Well, it's hard to be a vegan at an all you can eat buffet. I felt a lot like 'water, water all around and not a drop to drink' .
While the rest of the world happily gorged themselves, I made a tidy meal of walnuts, dried apricots, gherkin pickles and parsley garnishes. Ahh, the joys of cruelty-free living.

The occasion of this atypical feast was my great aunt's wedding. It was a lovely wedding if there ever was one, and she made a lovely bride in a stately purple lace victorian gown. The groom donned a top hat and both of their Reverend sons officiated the wedding. When it came time for the 'You may now kiss the bride', my cousin grinned and said 'You may now kiss my mother'.

I laughed. Loud.

Then afterward while I was sampling parsley, a old man tottered up to me and said
'Now you're the lovely girl with the hearty laugh aren't you?'
and I laughed and said I guess I was. He brimmed up a little and said I reminded him of his wife, and then he scuttled off and brought her back to introduce her.

People are so funny.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

Shannon has a new post. Go read the new post.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Accultus said...

Meaghan has a post that's just as good, read meaghan's post(but read andrew's too)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Blogger said...

you and shannon have better laughs than i do. you two are amazing. you both make me laugh, good laughs of course. people say mine are contagious! but yours are way better.
teach me sometime!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

while im thinking of it... whats the third space blog spot address???
TY
chow

11:57 PM  
Blogger FilmStocker said...

Water, water, everywhere... Don't I know that feeling!

I've been to plenty of elaborate buffets where I end up eating parsley and bread! lol.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home