Thursday, February 09, 2006

no, I don't draw. but I sing, and take poloroids. I worked this morning at The Artery, modeling. I fell asleep during my last pose, but it was alright. I didn't move. I'm not sure anyone noticed.
The artists this morning were really quite good. It's great to be drawn by people who draw what they see. One guy in the corner drew my face all morning. Nothing else. In the two long poses he focused on getting my eyes right.
He did.

Another guy was experimenting with colour. Over the course of three hours I saw my image rendered in blues, greens, oranges and purples. It was unbelievable. I was staring off into space and he was capturing something in my face that I didn't know was there.

Then, when the three hours was up, they all stretched, and packed away these perfectly sketched images of me into their bags. I have no claim to these images. The artists put them up, give their sketches away, sell them even, and I will never know.



And no. I don't draw. But I do sing blues sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home