Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Cult Stud.

Last night I went to class (but wait! there's more!)

*ahem* Last night I went to class and had a fantastic time. I like my cultural studies class. We're looking at hospitality as Canada's myth.
And then, right after telling everyone to go to Polyphony, three friends from class, Ross, Frank and Adil invited Rick and I to go out for a bottle of wine after class, to talk about hospitality and other things we'd talked about in class.

So we went to the Original Greek. We had a bottle of Bordeaux in honour of our prof, Jonathan Bordo. We drank to him first, then to cultural studies, then to hospitality. Then we ordered another bottle of wine. The whole time we talked about the texts we've been reading, and lectures and other good stuff that's happened throughout the course. We talked about what we liked, what we thought. We challenged each other on what we said.

Then we all went to Polyphony. I won a goldfish named ZsuZsa.

Then! We all went to Ricks house and told stories. I really like telling stories. I really like watching people smoke cigarettes.

So here's the deal. I think that last night was something like how I want university to always be like. All the time.

It's nice out. Go make some fiends

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes!
you have no idea the kinda shit that went down when you weren't around! let's be good social students more often.

ps, the goldfish's name is now wayne, and i'm gonna take care of it til you're back on sunday.

11:51 AM  
Blogger .letting go said...

it's only wayne until sunday.
then it's zsuzsa again. this fish must keep her original name.

I HAVE ZSUZSA IN A BOWL!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

I like wayne better. Those who abandon fishes in salad bowls don't get to name them after profs. Instead they are named with hipster music references.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home