Wednesday, March 22, 2006

the red bicycle rides again.
I am finished my papers. Let's never speak of them again okay? Okay.

I had a productive evening eating vegan boloney sandwiches at Rick and Thom's. I also went to class and won prof Bordo's favour. I'd talk anyway, but I like it when I can present my thoughts intelligibly enough to get the nod. Tonight I get to sleep and not dream of being late, or of going to the library.

Yesterday I was at Black Honey at a poetry open mic called March of the Poets. I went with Syd, who is a lovely soul. I ended up closing the show with a word art experiment that I liked because it was confrontational, and timed. I had an egg timer and I was making up a poem called 'Transience" with themes of time, nostalgia and homesickness. The rules were that I had to finish with the hourglass, and at any point in the poem I could point at someone in the room and they'd have to say a word or a phrase that came to their mind, and I would have to use it as a jumping off point and incorporate it the next section of the poem.
It turned out great. I really liked the fact that everyone had to be engaged and thinking because I was just pointing at people at random. In addition to that their was an element of participation in the word art which isn't present at most poetry readings, we created together on the spot. Plus I had the pressure of needing to be concise (as well as poetic!) in my narrative, with this little hourglass in my left hand.

Definitely something I want to play with more.

I think tonight I am going to write a song. I'm thinking about some beautiful things that I'd rather express in a song than anywhere else. It's just starting to be warm enough to start writing blues again.
Then I am going to go to sleep with my shoes on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

hah. If you need to kill some time, I recommend old kung foo movies....they are waaay too cool....

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home