Tuesday, March 14, 2006

free.

For some bizarre reason today I started weeping on the city bus. No one saw. This is a good thing. Tears are something I reserve for the eyes of close friends only. Plus, inexplicable weeping is frowned upon in public transit circles.

The bus was packed and I was thinking about this old southern gospel song and alternating between looking out at geese and looking in at all the people wedged onto the bus. For some reason it was overwhelming to think that everyone on that bus was here on purpose. That we are all created, wonderfully made. I was thinking that geese would not exist if God hadn't said that geese were worth the effort.

that's it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is poignant and beautiful....may i ask which old gospel song it was?

p.s. I love you. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

Geese are showing up at york too...they live here, its like a perennial Riverview Park and zoo.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home