Friday, March 31, 2006

maple syrup. the greatest vegan treat of them all.
I am going to a maple syrup festival this weekend with the lovely Jolene and a bunch of other girls. It's in Jolene's hometown, the metropolis of Elmira.

So, I'm scrambling around. Getting packed; throwing scarves and socks and soymilk into my bag at random. Watching me get ready to go anywhere is a spectator sport. I procrastinate. I can't find my shoes. I can't find my coat. I leave, and then yell "SHOOT" and run back into the house to emerge with an oreo. No kidding. This happens. It drives my friends crazy.

Jolene's mum (bless her heart) is going to cook me vegan things this weekend. I feel honoured. I'm also pretty sure if she emerges with an omelet and a honey cake with an exclamation of "They're vegan!" I will grin and say "Yup" and help myself.

That way! To the maple syrup woods!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meag! I love you! And it's very sweet of you to be willing to congratulate my mothers attempts at vegan cooking! She's excited to try! I am also excited about this week-end! I need to have a week-end for fun once again...I've forgotten what they feel like. So excited! See you in less than an hour! Yikes! I gotta hustle!
-Jolene

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home