Tuesday, August 17, 2004

laundry day.

I officially have no clean clothes... at all. I needed to get up early today to do an 'emergency' load so that I can have something to wear today. I've never pulled an all nighter to get laundry done, but it looks like tonight might be my first. I'm moving some of my stuff into my Abbotsford house tomorrow... which means that all of my clothes need to be clean. I'm a housekeeping nightmare.

Work has come down to what we could safely call an armed truce. On Sunday the crap hit the fan and Kiel's mom came to talk to Breanne, Breanne attacked her and Kiel's mom sat down and talked to her for a half hour. I love mommies.

Breanne was really angry and dangerously quiet as we headed for Gastown. She started going the wrong way, heading into Stanley Park. She meandered deeper and deeper into the park. The four of us started to get nervous. Finally she parked, told us to get out and walked very deliberately to a tree, sat down beneath it, and told us to do the same.

The four of had a simultaneous thought - she's lost it and we are about to be shot.

We were suprised when she barked 'Okay, you wanna talk?! Talk! Who's got a problem?!'

I was ticked. Now she wanted to talk. We'd been trying for over a month to talk things out and only now, after three phonecalls to her supervisor and a telling off from a mother does she actually make an effort to discuss things.

It began badly. At first we were silent, then Kiel started it off and I followed him. Aimee stayed nearly silent for the whole session except for some angry outbursts at the beginning. Rebecca did much the same.
Breanne was very defensive and angry, with short comebacks for all concerns brought forward. It was useless. But somewhere in the second hour of 'discussion' she broke down and started taking responsibilty for some of her actions. She apologized, cried and told us we weren't leaving until it was all figured out. All this was pretty overwhelming and not an ideal way to address problems, but it appeared to pacify everyone somewhat. We are now determined to finish the summer without much further conflict.

For the first time in more than a week I feel somewhat secure in my job.

My laundry is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home