Monday, June 20, 2005

tuscany roasted greens... and a silly day.

Well, I had a silly sort of day. I showed up to work at the appointed hour only to find that I'm not on the schedule until tomorrow. Sigh, sometimes I wish that I could be IN the loop. I should've called when I didn't get my schedule via email though, so it's my bad.

Then I ran into Andrew on HIS first day working as a painter. He called me over and we chatted merrily while he worked for about fifteen minutes... until his supervisor came over and chewed us out. I felt badder than bad. But I pretended I didn't and said thanks and goodbye and scampered into pharmasave... I bought a cooking magazine to make myself feel better. It helped. I'm sensitive like that sometimes, don't know why.

Thus bringing us to tuscany roasted greens... cooking magazines, with lovely, exotic, original, beautifully presented food make me want to make lovely, exotic, original, beautifully presented food. I guess that's the idea of the magazine... but still. The problem is that the ingredients are often expensive and hard to find... 'specially on a small island. So I'm just left hanging...

All the same. I am forking out money for some of these recipes... and for fresh herbs... I love fresh herbs. The Saturday market is good for finding rad ingredients, and I mean seriously... who could turn down a menu of fresh salmon with rosemary, with peach mango mint smoothies, roasted baby vegetables, and fresh buns... with strawberry chocolate shortcake for dessert? Really? I mean who?

Watch God do something crazy... like call me to be a homemaker - martha stewart style! Except you know... without insider trading.

A silly day indeed, but I have biblestudy tonight, so either that will put my heart to rights, or it will keep me thinking all night... we'll see.
Work tomorrow, the schedule even says so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home