Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Well, if it's quite alright...


(as a note this text was copied from an email I just sent to rob and iona, I didn't feel like typing it twice... I am a lazy kid, I know)

hey, it's almost midnight and laura is on the bigger island with jimmy... so I've got a bed to myself, but I dont feel like taking advantage of it.

I had my second interview today at ye old Saltspring Roasting Co. this morning. The purpose of this interview was kind of odd, my would be supervisor wasn't even there, I was just supposed to go in and have coffees with the staff on their morning breaks to see if they liked me.

If I don't get the job, it wont be because they dont like me. I made at least three new saltspring friends this morning, which I was much enthralled with. The first girl tamara, and I, hit it off so well that she stopped our 'interview' mid sentence and said 'hell I like you! I'm giving you my number, so if you don't get this job, we can still hang out.'

It didn't feel like an interview at all! I just laughed uproariously for an hour over fair trade dark roast with rad people. Yeah. ten points for coffee!

(okay, that's it for scammer text)

I'll post more tomorrow I'm sure. I just wanted to update on the job sitch. I just finished playing two and a half hours of Euchre with Michelle (jim's stepmom) and Sevio and Stephen, jimmy's brothers. I've not been able to teach anyone to play it out in BC (and I have TRIED), but Michelle (also originally from Ontario) loves it, and has not played it since she got to BC. So the two of us set about teaching the boys and now they're addicted too. Whoohoo euchre, best card game ever.

okay. I've gotta sleep. Up in seven hours to clean the kitchen. I'm out polaroiding tomorrow too, man. I like writing letters and taking polaroids. It's an expensive habit, but dang it's cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Accultus said...

76 trombones baba ba ba baba . . . hey Meags i found your site

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home