Friday, February 17, 2006

the drink of the day

It is eleven in the morning, and that essay I was complaining about last week? It is finished, as a result of an all nighter pulled last night.

So today brings with it the inevitable fuzziness caused by sleep deprivation. But I wanted to let you guys in on a secret. It's my magic wake up beverage which I only break out for such occasions as these.

May I introduce, the Depth Charge.


The Depth Charge is an espresso drink that goes by a bunch of different names. Such as... ::
The Red Eye, Black Eye, the Dead Eye, Shot in the Dark, Slingblade, All-Nighter, AA Boilermaker, Hammerhead, The Lazarus, The Train Wreck... and my favourite, the KickintheAsspresso.

It is a pretty straightforward drink... easy to make in a state of semi-consciousness.
Brew yourself a large cup of strong coffee, and then brew and pour a double shot of espresso into it.
What you get is something akin to the biggest headrush you can get legally.

And with my paper in my right hand heading up the hill, you can make a good guess at what's going to be in my left. That's right. A depth charge in an extra large travel mug. Good morning folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger jmw said...

Meg's I can just hear your 'audible' voice in reading this, the excitement in your voice and everything. Your adorable face expressions... haha I miss community life of lifeteams. I miss you! Thanks for calling..

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home