Saturday, April 15, 2006

liars all.
Well, it's two thirty on Easter Sunday morning. I am practicing some songs to play tomorrow at church. I think what I can manage right now is an ugly post about a beautiful thing.

I'm in one of those moods. It's a fuck-everything sort of mood. I want to tear things apart and breathe smoke.
I also want to make these hymns tomorrow so beautiful that the whole world cries along with me. If I sing to Christ, I want it to matter. It'll cost me something.
If I am up in front of my church, then God help me I'll be up there wounded and everyone will be able to see it. And to hell with it. We're all sinners and liars. If we can find nothing else in the world to be honest about, let us be honest about that. We're sinners and liars. We're fucking broken, so God make us whole.

Let it be said that I love Easter. There's more hope contained in this one event than in any other in my experience. Christ loves us. He took our guilt. He was brutally executed. And when things seemed completely lost, he got back up.
I know I'm the idiot who believes in a man who healed people, walked on water and turned water into wine and was, somehow, God incarnate. Yeah, it's stupid. I know it is. You don't need to keep telling me.

I just know it's true. I more than believe it. I know it, somewhere.
It's faith, what little I have. And it's beautiful. I wouldnt trade it. I doubt. Of course I doubt. But when I shut up long enough to be still, I know that God is. I know that Christ loves us.


... Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me... everywhere I look: Christ!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm sorry I didn't show up to feed you Friday. I realized I don't have the makings for a full, vegan meal, and the stores (at least, all of them that I knew of) were closed. yeah. I should stop. This sounds a lot like excuses to me too. :S I'm sorry. That's what I really meant to say. I'm sorry. I love you, and I hope your sickness leaves soon.
-Me. :S

5:53 PM  
Blogger Mmm said...

I am reminded by your post that the Word says the gospel is foolishnes to the world, it is the stench of death, and not only that but God uses the simple to confound the so-called wise. it is better to be a 'fool' for Christ than to find comfort and identity in the praises of man. Whenver i read Psalm 22 or Isaiah 53, written close to 1000 years before christ, I am humbled by our shallow logic.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home