Thursday, July 13, 2006

hello, operator?


In absence of one Dahn of the New Noise or one Andrew of the Underground Express I am operating for a couple of hours at the great Trent Radio. Hurrah! I love the radio eversomuch.

So, I am in charge of what is being broadcasted. I am not in charge of what you hear. If you choose to hear, you can listen at 92.7 fm.

I've got Francofolie going on at 11:00, and I think I might fill in for Dahn and do the New Noise tonight at midnight, or not. Jury's out. Wait and see what happens.

So far, I've had one hiccup... Radio Free Peterborough died somehow. I don't think I killed it, but I might have. Soooo, I switched the feed and I'm doing my own Radio Free Peterborough until five. I've decided that we're listening to James Plouffe and Full Metal Booty.

Because I said so!


edit 5:49 - second hiccup... Dead Air. I missed two calls before I figured out the phone. Winamp froze... leaving me with a minute of rather ironic dead air. I flipped the mic on and said "This is dead air, to fill up the dead air..." It unfroze shortly after, but I'd left a mic on. So I was unknowningly broadcasting a chat I was having with Jake for three minutes before I realized it.
Maybe it'll sound like a phonecall. I doubt it. In summary, the first ten minutes was rough... then it was super.

edit 7:37 - I listened to the second hiccup. (slightly past the halfway mark of that hour)
Andrew thought it was so funny that he spat out his coke.
At the end of the three minutes of Jake banter, Carol (Dahn's mom) walks into the studio with a fruit salad, then says "He's not here!? There's no one to eat this!" and scampers out, with me yelling into the microphone "I CAN EAT IT!" then I see the 'mic on' light and cuss under my breath.
I'm still allowed to exist. Andrew says so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home