Saturday, June 24, 2006

where I wanted to be.

I woke up yesterday at five (after one sweet hour of sleep) and went to the Toronto airport... then few into Abbotsford, my former stomping grounds, a little under an hour from Vancouver.
The whole flight felt a little like deja vu. I've made the flight between Vancouver and Toronto almost a dozen times in the past two years. I think it was wierd because I don't live in B.C. anymore. Driving around town yesterday was strange, with a lot of "oh, I used to hang out here" or "hey I remember when I stayed up all night here" sort of moments. Ah nostalgia. It's a kick in the teeth.

I've already met up with a bunch of dear friends, eaten some good tofu and last night I crashed at about nine-thirty... I slept for almost twelve hours. Ten days of only needing to focus on one thing at a time could be the most restful thing that could happen to me right now.

All that to say, yeah Vancouver! Talk to you all soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

word meags. have a good week in sunny BC as I take some time off in Prince George. Do give me a call this week at Alton and Sandra's :250 562 1653. I'll be chilling.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home