Thursday, August 19, 2004

On the home stretch.

I will be on a flight to Ontario early Monday morning, and to be quite honest, I'm stoked. Working is so much less fun than hanging out with people. And two days after I get home I fully intend on hanging out with the folk back home. A final hurrah, you might say, before everyone starts to do their own thing.

Despite my yearning for a visit home, I am getting excited about doing my 'own thing'. I checked out my future stomping grounds in Abbotsford. They are worth getting excited over. I'm living in a lovely place called 'Hill Haven' ... which is on the side of a mountain. It's big, with lovely views. I'll be living there with nine other people. It looks like I'm going to be the youngest kid on the block. There's twenty seven year old guy in the program... and he's married. There's also a dude from Poland and another dude from England. I'm pretty flipping stoked.

I also had the opportunity to meet Rob Snair, my program director. He's one of those guys who puts you at ease. Definitely a kindred soul. I'm excited about this program. I'm excited about these directors. I'm really excited about this community that we'll be building together.

That being said, I don't feel all that prepared for any of it.

Work tomorrow. I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home