Saturday, October 30, 2004

.saturday third wheel.

Today was spent mostly in the richmond airport hanging out with the one and only aaron black. Hanging ot with Aaron was great times, his gramma bought us lunch. We people watched and reminisced about Peterborough... what else do two Peterpatch friends do in an international airport?

Other than that I spent the day feeling like a third wheel to two folks in love with each other... (but house rules say we can't)... I hate being a third wheel, I don't know what to say or do, and I was annoyed because I had to feel that way. I'm still mad to some extent.

All my feelings are being felt in a different context than before, and to a point I have very little idea how do deal with it. It struck me this past week that I haven't cried since I've been here (two months! that's a record... even chick flicks haven't pushed me over the edge) nor have I actually been really angry. On one side, it's great, I've been a very happy camper out here. On the other hand, I'm sort of relearning how to have negative emotions in a constructive way within a community. I felt angry today and had NO idea how to deal with the emotion in a Christ-like way, so I retreated to my bottom bunk and slept for two hours.

Yes, this is how I deal with problems... I try to sleep them off. Brave Meaghan that I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home