Friday, December 10, 2004

chapter four: wherein our heroine sleeps until the midafternoon and ponders brokenness.

yeah, it's quarter after two on a placment day and I just woke up. These things happen. Currently, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing for placement tonight. If all goes well it's looking like I'm going to Cats, to see three of my girls singing in... catsuits...

If that is truly the case, I think I need to shower and be ready within the next ten minutes or so.
I haven't called home in a couple of weeks, that's a bit of a first actually. Usually I call every weekend like clockwork. My dad dropped me a random email from work to see if I was okay.

The answer to that particular question is yes, I am okay. Community life grows more difficult than it was at the beginning. We act like brothers and sisters mostly, with all the negatives and positives that entails. I'm loving it, but it's a stretching sort of experience. I'm learning more about myself than I ever would have wished to know. It's not a bad thing at it's core, it just deeply and painfully affirms my need for Christ.

This past monday was my 'spirit birthday'. It's been three years since I prayed and asked Christ to take my life. I think I am starting to see the beauty in journeys. Mine has been incredible in how far I've come, it astounds me how much further I have to go. These things fill me with joy.

Monday afternoon I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor of an east hastings mission.
Monday night I was on my hands and knees in prayer.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home