Saturday, August 06, 2005

churchsong.

Well, tomorrow I get to sing in church. That is good and I am excited. Phil insisted on covering my shift when I sadly told him about missing being able to sing in church. He seriously grabbed my shoulders, gave me a little shake and said 'Mee-gun, I'll cover for you, you cant miss singing in church, it's a powerful thing'

This coming from a guy who has not gone to church since he was a little boy in south africa.

Today while I was washing dishes and he was making an espresso, he told me that he used to sing every sunday at church in south africa. I can see him too... a little brown haired boy in a hot church, singing hymns. Old men and ladies in conservative Full Gospel tradition, dabbing their foreheads and fanning themselves.

Oh stories. Thank God for people and their stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home